Friday, January 14, 2011

Moon Poems



Moon Child
Your beauty lies in reflected light, that lovers do embrace
tethered to your mother's breast, always in your place.

As you wax and wane,
I feel your pain
of yearning to let go.


Flying to the Moon
a feat so few will know
escaping to another world
from the hectic one below.
A cool and reflective place
to while away the years,
yet longing to see your face
and wipe away my tears


Moonlight
The moon shone in my skylight just the other night,
A bright blue stream of mysterious soft milky light.

It formed a perfect door projected on my wall,
so I opened up the portal, and wandered down the hall.

I could not find the footprints to get me back in bed
so if you hear some knocking, and soft whispers in your head,
throw open all your shades and let the lunar light walk in.



No comments:

Post a Comment